April 27, 2024

Jerry Seinfeld: "The Movie Business is Over" - Part 1

Part 1/2

     (Netflix, Movie Poster, "Unfrosted")

There is something going on in the movie business. The quality is poor. We are producing and consuming movies with low-quality standards. And most people are not aware.
Pixar is good, Marvel is bad.

Jerry Seinfeld: “Film doesn’t occupy the pinnacle in the social, cultural hierarchy that it did for most of our lives. When a movie came out, if it was good, we all went to see it. We all discussed it. We quoted lines and scenes we liked. Now we’re walking through a fire hose of water, just trying to see.” (IndieWire.com; 23.Apr.2024)

Why is that? I can't say for sure. But Jerry Seinfeld reminds me of a time when I was a young man, 12 to 16 years old: I was wondering why my family and friends would go into the movie theater and, after watching, didn't want to talk about it. I was eager to talk, but somehow the people didn't care. Why was that? I don't know.

What can we do to make film become the pinnacle in the social, cultural hierarchy?

Watch good movies. Don't accept bad ones. When you are in the cinema, walk out of bad ones, and stay in for good ones. Don't accept bad movies.

Do you want to know what is good and bad?

In part 2 of this blog post, I'm going to share with you how you can spot good or bad movies.

And in order to conclude this blog post: Pixar is good, Marvel is bad. 

Blog post part 2 coming soon....



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Screenwriter's Contract with the Audience

As a screenwriter, you have a contract with your audience. Did you know that? I didn’t until I watched Andy Guerdat's interview on Film ...