March 15, 2024

Why I Quit Taking Notes on Everything I Research

When I write my stories, I often feel like I need to remember every little thing I research. So, I save stuff from LinkedIn, write notes, and make new computer files in Excel or Word. But, having so much stuff can make me feel lost and waste time. And now that I've realized this, I've started doing things differently. And it's so much more relaxing!

Now, when I'm writing on my story, I don't write down every little fact I find, I just read and watch, without taking too many notes. 

My brain will remember if it's important!

Then, when I start writing, my brain remembers the facts I've learned, and it helps me to come up with new ideas. It's like my brain is connecting the dots all by itself! 

This way of working feels more fun and saves time!

I've learned that I don't have to write down everything I learn because my brain can remember a lot on its own. It's better to explore and let my imagination put all the information together. 

Writing is like making up stories with all the cool things I've learned.



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Screenwriter's Contract with the Audience

As a screenwriter, you have a contract with your audience. Did you know that? I didn’t until I watched Andy Guerdat's interview on Film ...